The Year of the Bumpus Hounds!
BUMPUS HOUND REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
Although the Old Man is barking mad about this, be sure to join us for the 6th Annual A Christmas Story Run and get ready for the Running of the Hounds! This year we are celebrating in a very unique way! We are proudly featuring our four legged, canine friends at this year’s event!
That’s right, this year, we are allowing Participants to bring their dogs to the event! Both for the race in Cleveland and the Virtual Race!
We will be accommodating all participants to make this an organized and successful event for all involved.
- Cleveland Race: The “Runners with Canine Category” will be limited to 300 entries.
- The run will have 3 starting “waves” in the following categories:
- Run starts at 9am. First WAVE at 9am is for RUNNERS ONLY.
- Second WAVE at 9:15 for RUNNERS and their CANINES ONLY.
- Third WAVE at 9:20 for WALKERS and WALKERS with CANINES
Since our Bumpus Hounds deserve the very best, we have special amenities for our canine guests! Each dog receives:
- A CHRISTMAS STORY RUN ONE OF A KIND DOG SHIRT especially made for our furry friends! Each shirt is cotton and come in sizes Small – XL.
- RACE BIB: Since the dogs are completing the race too, they will be provided a race bib just like their owners! (note: the dogs will not be chip timed)
- DOG COLLAR: All dogs will receive a collar. They will come in sizes Small – XL.
- A CHRISTMAS STORY RUN DOG TAG! This custom dog tag can be worn for years to come. They will be the talk of the pound with their friends back home!
- TIDY BAG & A SCOOPER: No race would be complete without cleaning up for the environment! You know what to do to keep the course and neighborhoods clean! 😊
Course amenities! Canines get goodies on the course too!
WATER STOPS: There will be water and dog treats for our Bumpus Hounds.
FINISH LINES: Both the 5K and 10k finish lines will have water and dog treats to celebrate their finishes!
If you are considering participating with your canine, you must read the following and agree to the terms before the event. These rules are in place for the safety, liability and well being of all involved for this holiday race.
- Canines must be on a leash no longer than 4 feet long.
- You will be limited to 1 dog per runner.
- Participants and their dogs must follow the above rules: No runners/walkers with Canines in the 1st wave, only runners with canines in the 2nd wave, and only walkers and walkers with canines in the 3rd This will be strictly enforced on race day by security.
- 5K: The 5K run/walk is a point to point race. (the starting line and finish line are at different locations. The starting line is downtown in Public Square, and the finish line is at the A Christmas Story House. Because of this, participants and their dogs will need to take the busses back downtown. – There will be busses specifically labeled for “runners with their canines” only. You will not be allowed to board the busses labeled “participants only.” Only participants that do not have dogs that wish to ride the canine busses will be allowed. With that being said, ALL participants and their canines will be loaded FIRST, any extra seats will be filled with “runners only.”
- IMPORTANT, READ THIS. The transportation back to Public Square is on School Busses via a 20 minute bus ride. On the bus ride ONLY, ALL DOGS MUST HAVE EITHER A MUZZLE OR FUNNEL ON DURING THE ENTIRE 20 MINUTE BUS RIDE. There will be a large number of dogs on the busses in a small space. This is for the safety and protection of all involved and the liability waivers of the bussing company. This rule is supported by the Animal Protective League of greater Cleveland.
- 10K Race: The 10K run is NOT a point to point event. This run starts and finishes in Cleveland’s Public Square. There is no need for a Muzzle or funnel for your canine.
- NOTE: If you and your dog are 10K participants and only make it to the 5K finish, you WILL NOT be allowed to board the busses unless your dog has a Muzzle or Funnel for the bus ride back downtown.